With the life getting busier of modern generation, eating habits are getting fast casual and more unhealthy. But People have realised it and it is the beginning of the rising of old healthy food trends. Latest is the Pressed Duck modified.
A brief background of Pressed Duck
Pressed Duck was started in 19th century by La Tour d’Argent, a restaurant in Paris. It used duck and duh as the only ingredients and a single piece equipment.
The Duck Presses
Duck Press weighed around 20 lbs and was 2 feet tall. They were used to press the blood out of the body and bones of the duck. The Blood was then mixed with a sauce and spooned on the roasted bird. That may sound ridiculous bizarre food but it turns out to be a delicious dish.
First thought which comes in mind by looking at a duck press is of a torture equipment. No wonders what it does to the duck body.
Pressed Duck, The Recipe
- You need best quality duck and some additional duck legs and bones.
- Duck has to be dried for 2 weeks in a refrigerator.
- You have to Truss the duck and brown the legs and breast on a flat top.
- Roast the duck at 400F in an oven for 15 min.
- Leave the duck for a while so that the juices get reabsorb.
- You need to carve the duck and sear the legs for a crispy taste.
- Put the duck in a duck press and press the blood out. Scary!
- Now stir the the blood into the sauce made from reduced chicken stock.
- Add duck liver, foie gras, and roasted garlic without boling the sauce.
- Spoon the sauce over the duck.
- Get ready for the delicious treat.
Pressed Duck Recipe in Images
Enjoy Your Meal 🙂 Share If you liked it!
Read: Crazy about pancakes? Try Mozzarella-stuffed potato pancakes!